Resolv Consumer Privacy Notice
Please read this privacy notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By using a Resolv website or applications or by otherwise giving us your personal information, you agree to this notice. If you do not agree to this notice, you must not use our Websites or applications or give us any of your personal information.
This notice may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Resolv Websites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy notice periodically for updates.
For the purpose of the American Data Protection (“the Law”), the data controller is Resolv America Corp, 500 E Broward Blvd, Ste 1710, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394.
1. Scope of this notice
This privacy notice (hereinafter “Notice”) describes the types of information Resolv America Corp (hereinafter “Resolv,” or “we”) may collect from you or that you may provide to us and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. It also tells you how you can access and update your information and make certain choices about how your information is used.
This Policy Notice covers both our online and offline data collection activities, including information that we may collect through our various channels such as boutiques, web sites, applications, social media, customer relationship centers, trade corners, and events.
2. Sources of information
This Notice applies to information we collect from or about our consumers, through the methods described below (INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT), from the following sources:
1. Resolv Websites: consumer-directed Websites operated by Resolv, including sites that we operate under our own domains/URLs and minisites/apps that we run on third party social networks such as Facebook (“Websites”).
2. Resolv mobile sites/apps: consumer-directed mobile sites or applications operated byResolv, such as smartphone apps.
3. E-mail, text and other electronic messages: this includes electronic communications between you and Resolv.
4. Offline registration forms: printed registration and similar forms that we may collect from consumers such as via postal mail, in-store demos, or events.
5. Call centre registrations: information that we may collect from consumers through our customer relationship centres (“CRC”)
6. Data from other sources: information we may obtain about you from other sources.
3. Invormation we collect about you and how we collect it
Depending on how you interact with Resolv (online, offline, over the phone, etc.), we may collect from you various types of information, as described below.
1. Personal Contact Information: this includes any information you provide to us that would allow us to personally contact you, such as your name, address, e-mail address or phone number.
2. Account login information: any information that is required to give you access to your specific account profile. Examples may include your login ID/email address, screen name, password in unrecoverable form, and/or security question and answer.
3. Demographic information: any information that describes your demographic or psychographic characteristics. Examples may include your date of birth, age or age range, gender, geographic location (e.g., zip code), favourite products, hobbies and interests, and household or lifestyle information.
4. Technical information about computer/mobile device: any information about the computer system or other technological device that you may be using to access one of our Websites or applications such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, operating system type, and web browser type and version. If you access a Resolv website or application via a mobile device such as a smartphone, the collected information may also include your phone’s unique device ID, geo-location, and other similar mobile device data.
5. Websites usage information: as you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your actions. This includes information such as which links you click on, which pages or content you view and for how long, and other similar information and statistics about your interactions such as page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages. This information is captured using automated technologies such as cookies (browser cookies, flash cookies) and web beacons, and may also be collected through the use of third-party tracking services (such as Google Analytics) that collect data in aggregate (such as number of visits to a particular page, or the amount of time spent on a web site).
6. Consumer feedback: this includes information that you voluntarily share with us about your experience in using our products and services
7. Consumer-generated content: this refers to any content that you create and then share with us by uploading it to one of our Websites or applications, including the use of Facebook APPs . Examples may include photos, videos, personal stories, or other similar media or content. We may collect and publish consumer-generated content in connection with a variety of activities, including contests and other promotions, website community features, consumer engagement, and third party social networking.
8. Social network information: this refers to any information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (such as Facebook) and that you allow the third party social network to share with us. Examples include your basic account information (e.g., name, email address, gender, birthday, current city, profile picture, user ID, list of friends, etc.) and any other additional information or activities that you permit the third party social network to share with third party application developers. For example, we may receive your social network profile information (or parts of it) every time you download or interact with a Resolv web application on a social network such as Facebook or every time you use a social networking feature that is integrated within a Resolv site (such as Facebook Connect). To learn more about how your information from a third party social network may be obtained by Resolv (or other third party application developers), please visit the website of the relevant social network.
9. Payment and Financial information: any information that we need in order to fulfil a sale, or that you use to make a purchase, such as [your credit card details (cardholder name, card number, expiration date, etc.) or other forms of payment (if such are made available)]. In any case, we do not store payment card information longer than needed by the payment transaction and we are compliant with applicable regulations such as PCI DSS.
4. Cookies and beacons
We may collect information through automated technologies (such as cookies and web beacons) that collect and remember certain account login information, technical computer information, and/or previous website usage information.
We may also use web beacons, to capture information about how you respond to certain email campaigns (e.g., time the email is opened, where user links to from the email, etc.).
1. Log Files: we may collect information in the form of log files that record website activity and gather statistics about web users’ browsing habits. These entries are generated automatically and help us to troubleshoot errors, improve the performance or maintain the security of our Websites.
3. Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as “web bugs”) are small strings of code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data back to us. The information collected via web beacons may include technical information such as IP Address, as well as information about how a user responds to an email campaign (e.g., at what time the email was opened, where does the user link to from the email, etc.). We may use web beacons on our Websites or include them in the e-mail messages we send you. We use web beacon information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to, site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising and email auditing and reporting, and personalization.
5. Uses made of your information
The following paragraphs describe the various purposes for which we might collect and use your information and the different types of information that might be collected for each. Please note that not all of the uses below will be relevant to every consumer.
1. Customer service: we may use your information to provide you customer service, including responses to your inquiries. This typically requires the use of certain personal contact information and information regarding the reason for your inquiry (e.g., order status, technical issue, product question/complaint, assessing customer’s credit score for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, general question, etc.).
2. Contests and other promotions: we may use your information to provide you with marketing campaigns or promotions. Some of our promotions may be run on third party social networks. For more information about our contests and other promotions, please see the official rules or details posted with each promotion.
3. Marketing communications: we may use your information to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you (marketing communications), such as email, SMS, and postal mailings.
For detailed information on how to modify your preferences about marketing communication, please see sections 8 and 9 below.
1. Third party social networking: we may use your information when you interact with third party social networking features such as ”Like” functions. You can learn more about how these features work, and the profile data we may obtain about you, by visiting the relevant sections of the third party social networks.
2. Website improvement and personalization: we may use your information to improve and personalize your experience on our Websites and applications; to ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so. This is typically done through automated technologies (such as cookies) that collect and remember certain account login information, technical information, and/or previous website usage information. For example, we might remember your login ID/email address or screen name so you can quickly login the next time you visit our site or so you can easily retrieve the items you previously placed in your shopping cart. Based on this type of information, we may also show you specific Resolv content or promotions that are tailored to your interests.
3. Order fulfillment: we may use your information to process and ship your orders, and to inform you about the status of your orders. This could involve the use of certain personal contact information and payment information.
4. Other general purposes (e.g., website security, internal research): we may use your information for other general business purposes, such as to conduct internal marketing and demographic studies; and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with the types of companies or in the situations described below. Third parties are only allowed to access and use your information for the specific tasks they’ve been requested to do and are required to keep your information confidential and secure.
We do not rent or sell your information to third party companies for their own marketing use.
Companies of our group: any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries.
Agents and service providers: these are outside companies that we hire to help us run our business (e.g., order fulfillment, payment processing, Website operation, support services, promotions, Website development, CRC, etc.).
Credit reference agencies: these companies may help us for the purpose of assessing customer’s credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with said customer, for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Storage and/or transfer of your information
We use a variety of standard methods (described below) to keep consumer information confidential and secure. Please note, however, that these protections do not apply to information you choose to share in public areas such as social networks.
Secure operating environments: we store your information in secure operating environments that are protected from the public. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information. The transmission of information via the internet is unfortunately not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data during transmission to our Websites. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
We generally store your information for as long as your account is active with us or as needed to provide you the relevant services and comply with legal requirements. This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using our services or stop using our Websites, despite no commercial exploitation will be done once your account is deleted.
Measures we expect you to take: it is important for you to also play a role in keeping your information safe and secure. When signing up for an online account, please be sure to choose an account password that is hard for others to guess and never reveal your password to anyone else, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. If you use a shared or public computer, never choose to have your login ID/email address or password remembered and make sure to log out of your account every time you leave the computer. You should also make use of any privacy settings or controls we may provide you in our website community areas.
Transfer of your information: the storage as well as the processing of your information as described above, such as uses made of your information or disclosure of your information, may require that your information is transferred to, and/or stored at, a destination outside USA as well as processed by staff operating in said territory. By accepting the terms of this Policy, you agree to such transfer, storing and/or processing.
8. Access to your information
Access to information: the Law gives you the right to access information held about you, the origin of this data and any communication done or planned.
Modification of information: you may also have your personal information deleted, corrected or revised by. Please notice that, in certain cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
Our Websites have a “your account” feature where you may review and edit the information you have provided and you may be given the option to change your communication preferences. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Websites and visiting your account profile page. Please notice that we require our registered costumers to verify their identity (e.g., login ID/email address, password) before they can access or make changes to their account information. This helps prevent unauthorized access to your account.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may also access, modify or erase you data, as opt-out to any purpose of your data processing by Mail at Resolv America Corp, 500 E Broward Blvd, Ste 1710, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394 or by sending your request through our contact formulary.
9. Your choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies: you can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Please see COOKIES AND BEACONS above.
Advertising, marketing, and promotions: if you wish to have your personal contact information used by Resolv to promote our own products or services, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the registration form. You can always opt-out from receiving marketing-related email communications or text messages by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each such communication. At any moment, you can opt-out by logging into the Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by unchecking the relevant boxes or by calling our CRC. Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from us, such as order or other transaction confirmations, notifications about your account activities (e.g., account confirmations, password changes, etc.), and other important announcements.
10. Changes to our notice
If we change the way we handle your information, we will update this Policy. We reserve the right to make changes to our practices and this Policy at any time. Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on our web sites. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.